NYWAY will follow and enforce New York’s COVID PROTOCOLS for our tournaments:
We thank you all for your patience and understanding with the set of rules that have been given to us from the Local & State Health Board. Our athletes and their families are our best interest and if we ALL work together on these items we can have a successful event!
- If you are sick, please STAY HOME! If you have a temperature, please STAY HOME! If you are in quarantine, do not come to event, STAY HOME!
- Everyone attending our event, including coaches, officials, athletes, staff, and spectators, age 2 and older, must wear face coverings (masks or face shields) unless they are outdoors and can consistently maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Athletes are not required to wear face coverings while actively engaged in workouts and competition that prevent the wearing of face coverings but must wear face coverings when not competing.
- We will enforce wearing a mask the entire event. If asked to put your mask back up your wristband will be parked. If asked a second time to put your face covering back on you will be asked to leave. To come back in you must pay admissions again.
- The community, organization, and/or team must educate all athletes, staff, and families about the symptoms of COVID-19 and when to stay home. Athletes and families also should be educated on proper hand washing and sanitizing.
- Coaching staff, officials and other adult personnel must always wear face coverings (masks or face shields).
- Coaches and athletes must always maintain appropriate social distancing possible, including in the field of play, locker rooms, sidelines, dugouts, benches, and workout areas. During down time, athletes, coaches, and officials should not congregate.
- Tournament staff, coaches and athletic staff must screen and monitor athletes for symptoms prior to and during games and practices. If individuals participating in sporting activities show symptoms, have a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher, or are sick, they must be sent home.
- Avoid shaking hands, fist bumps, or high fives before, during or after the match. Limit unnecessary physical contact with teammates, other athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.